We all know pictures we upload on social media remains there forever, no matter you have deleted your pictures they still remains in some database somewhere, therefore you always want to look best of you. Though some social media sites like Instagram has in-built photo editing features, but still you need other specific photo editing apps to give your pictures a final touch before sharing it online. Therefore we have come up with top 5 photo editing apps for your Android, iOS and Windows phone which come for zero prices.
1. Pic Stich
For making a collage of your best pictures Pic Stich is just the best app you should download for free. All you need to do is to open the app and select the template and border of your choice and you are all done with. You can insert your horizontal or vertical photos in the template without cropping them. You can do the basic editing as well before sharing the final collage with your friends on Facebook or Instagram wherever you like it.
- You can drag your pictures to best fit into the template (boxes)
- You can amalgamate any kind of picture in the boxes
- User friendly app for all ages
- Difficult to navigate
- Photo editing feature only limited to filters selection
- Only rectangle and square boxes to fit your pictures into
PicsArt is just the right app for you when it comes to real time editing of pictures, you can edit the picture captured immediately using the real time filters best suitable for the moment in particular. You can also crop your photos and make a collage out of it using different borders and templates, apart from that you can also write something on it as well as draw something on it using its paint brush tool.
- Filters are for ordinary apps, PicsArt comes with real-time filters for real time editing of picture as per the moment.
- Just like PhotoShop, PicsArt comes with drawing suite also
- You can doodle your picture by drawing on your picture
- This app comes with ads also, just at the bottom with banner sized ads
- Difficult to undo the editing
- Only comes with filters as an editing tool
Learn : How to activate iMessage
Best of the lot, Snapseed is far better as an editing app in comparison to most of the editing apps available for free. Tweak it, crop it, brush it, rotate it and also fix spots in it, YES we are talking about your photos referring to “it”. Choose your picture from the camera roll and start editing on a go, the app keeps a record of your edited pictures and you can always come back later to start editing your previously edited picture once again.
- Rotate your photos as you like it
- Crop your pic by simply dragging the crop box
- Snapseed brightens up your photos in case it has been taken in low light
- Snapseed for PCcan be downloaded via Android Emulator
- Main features have been removed in the latest update
- You will find it difficult to transfer edited pictures to your phone
- Black and white filter are not available in Snapseed
4. VSCO Cam
VSCO Cam is not just an app, it’s a world in its own particularly made for professional and serious photographers who do not only edit pictures but also compare it with the others. Apart from being an editor this app also comprises collection of photos taken by other photographers. You can go to its journal and read other peoples blog. You can also join community of other people or create a one of your own where you can upload your pictures.
- Community of its own
- Direct upload to social media sites
- Numerous editing tools
- Not so user friendly- complex in nature
- Journal section hard to navigate
- Sign in- and then use
5. Studio Design
Studio Design is for those people who likes to go some extra mile in editing pictures, to be precise if you want to add graphics, textures and words to your picture then this app is just perfect for you, just like VSCO Cam this app also comes with community and journal features where you can see other peoples pictures and share your thoughts with them in the form of blogs.
- A world of graphics to select and implement
- Share your pictures directly to social media
- Community feature for those who likes to communicate
- Log in and then use
- Probability of crashing when trying too many layers at a time
- Some features are paid